Creating a blog category is effective for both a startup and growing ecommerce site. But you may search for the particular reasons why ecommerce websites need a blog? 🤔
Yes, from this article you’ll come to know how ecommerce website blogs play a vital role in boosting your site.
Blogging is a permanent activity that has proven benefits for an ecommerce brand. Good content always adds value to the website. Besides, maintaining a regular schedule gives a long-term positive result to any website.
Let’s learn how blogging helps and how to write a blog for ecommerce website. ✌️
Why Ecommerce Websites Need a Blog?
You can find tons of valid reasons to open a blog section on your ecommerce site. Here, we’ll discuss the 9 best purposes of ecommerce blogging.
1. Increase Website Traffic
Publishing optimized blog posts that are valuable and relevant to your audience attracts traffic. People search for useful topics related to ecommerce products. You can promote your blogs on social media, email newsletters, communities, and platforms like Reddit and Quora. Thus different social media users find your site easily.
According to HubSpot – The average company that blogs has 55% more visitors.
So, to enjoy new visitors to your site you should add new blogs and update old blog posts routinely.
2. Improve SEO
Blogs help to boost the SEO ranking of any ecommerce website. You have to optimize content for both users and search engines.
So, how to utilize blogs to boost your site SEO ❓
Well, to boost an ecommerce site by writing blogs, you have to know the role of relevant keywords on blogs. Keywords help to identify what kind of queries people have and what answers they need. So, if you apply exact keywords, your blogs will start to boost your Google rank.
Let’s learn some tricks to use blogs to improve your SEO –
- Updating old posts and deleting underperforming blogs help to get a better rank on Google.
- Publishing guest posts on reputable sites in your niche and building quality backlinks.
- Repurpose your content for different formats, such as videos, podcasts, images, or Twitter threads.
3. Build Customer Relationships
Blogs are a great way to build customer trust for your ecommerce. If you provide valuable and reliable information through your writing, customers get amazed by your expertise.
Thus blogs enable the customer relationship. Blogs are also capable of solving your customers’ pain points. So, blogs encourage repeat visits of customers and reward loyalty by posting about different offers.
4. Increase Brand Awareness
In an ecommerce website’s blogs, marketers and blog writers usually promote products as well as the brand name. When you share the blogs on different social media platforms the business name gets spread.
However, through a blog, you can interact with your customers, answer their questions, and address their issues. It helps to show your skills of the particular products and people start to remember it.
So, spreading a business name is another top reason why ecommerce websites need a blog section 🌟
5. Add New Sales Funnel
A blog section of an ecommerce website can best help you achieve your sales goals. It nurtures visitors with many incentives to convert them into clients.
Let’s see how blogs add new sales funnel –
- A well-written blog creates sales possibilities. It introduces products and gives information to attract prospects at the beginning. Thus it maintains the rules of the Top of the funnel (TOFU) – the stage of the sales funnel.
- The second stage is called the Middle of the funnel (MOFU). Here you will describe what people need and how your products and services can serve them. It engages prospects quickly.
- The bottom of the funnel- (BOFU) is the last stage of the funnel where you should describe your product features. You have to write about the product benefits and convince the readers.
6. Identify Target Audience
You know, quality blogs attract traffic to your site. So, by analyzing a blog’s comments, shares, engagement, and preferences of potential readers you can understand the audience.
Additionally, you can use a good tool to analyze demographic data to target a specific audience. For example, you can analyze age, gender, income level, geographic area, etc. to gain insights from the blog readers.
Also, writing high-quality content with low-competition keywords can aid in identifying the target audience. So, this is another unavoidable reason why ecommerce websites need a blog page 💪
7. Free Promotion of Ecommerce Products
Your website needs a blog to promote your products and services without any cost. Besides doing paid marketing this is a great way to spread your business.
It works by creating listicle blogs, informative blogs, how to use a product, and other types of blogs. In these blogs, you can express your brand, and achievements, present product reviews, etc. You have a chance to promote them on different social media platforms for free.
8. People Seek Details Before Purchase
A well-detailed instructive blog guides people to buy the right products they are looking for. These are some points people read before purchasing a product –
- They check top brands for a specific product
- Compare features and prices
- Check special offers if available
- Gather knowledge about their desired product
So, on your ecommerce website, you must include product comparison blogs. It helps to narrow down people’s purchasing options.
77% of Internet Users Read Blogs!Source- bloggingwizard
9. Make Business Declaration Easy
Making an announcement blog is a simple yet interesting way to declare any business-related information. You can mention any new ecommerce product addition, inform about seasonal offers, special discounts, and so on.
You may follow a simple format for your new business announcement in the blog. It may include who, what, when, where, why, and how of your news and a call to action for your readers.
How to Write a Blog for an E-commerce Website
Hope, now you can understand the benefits of having an eCommerce blog. Now a question may arise, how to write a blog post for an eCommerce website? 🤔
Well, creating a strategic and engaging e-commerce blog is an effective way to connect with your audience, boost your brand, and ultimately drive sales.
Let’s see the crucial steps to create a successful blog for your e-commerce site.
Step 1: Define Your Audience
- Identify your target audience and understand their interests, preferences, and pain points.
- Perform SERP and competitor analysis to address the specific problems and needs of your potential customers.
Step 2: Set Clear Goals
- Determine the purpose of your blog, whether it’s to increase brand awareness, drive traffic, or boost sales.
- Establish measurable goals to track the success of your blog, such as the number of new leads or conversions.
Step 3: Keyword Research
- Conduct thorough keyword research to identify relevant topics and phrases related to your products or industry.
- Use tools like Google Keyword Planner or GetGenie Ai to find high-search-volume keywords with moderate competition.
Step 4: Create a Content Calendar
- Plan your blog content with a content calendar.
- Consistency is key, so establish a regular posting schedule that aligns with your audience’s behavior.
Step 5: Craft Compelling Headlines
- Write attention-grabbing headlines that are both informative and intriguing.
- Incorporate keywords naturally to enhance search engine optimization (SEO).
Step 6: Develop High-Quality Content
- Focus on creating valuable, informative, and engaging content.
- Use a mix of formats, such as how-to guides, product reviews, and industry insights, to keep your blog diverse and interesting.
Step 7: Optimize for SEO
- Incorporate relevant keywords throughout your content, including in titles, headers, and meta descriptions to make it an SEO-friendly blog post.
- Utilize Ai tools like GetGenie Ai NLP suggestions to improve your eCommerce content SEO.
- Utilize internal and external links to improve your website’s SEO.
Step 8: Include Visual Elements
- Enhance your blog posts with high-quality images, infographics, and videos.
- Visual content not only captures attention but also improves the overall user experience.
Step 9: Encourage Social Sharing
- Engage with your audience on social platforms to create a sense of community around your brand.
- Add social media sharing buttons to make it easy for readers to share your content.
Step 10: Analyze and Adjust
- Regularly analyze the performance of your blog using tools like Google Analytics.
- Adjust your strategy based on data, focusing on what works and refining areas that need improvement.
Opportunity to Publish as Many Blogs as You Want
Yes, there is no limitation to adding blogs for ecommerce websites. Standard blogs boost your site’s visibility and rank. Google values updated, and relevant content along with the volume of web pages.
But, you have to generate unique content that is optimized. You can also take advantage of using good Ai tools in this regard. If you don’t know how to write a blog for ecommerce website or have no time, Ai tools are greatly helpful.
The latest Ai tool like GetGenie Ai generates quality, original, and SEO-optimized content. It is available as a WordPress plugin, SaaS app, and a chatbot named GenieChat.
Top 5 eCommerce Blogs
In this section, we’ll walk you through the top 5 eCommece blogs that serve as beacons of insight, innovation, and inspiration. Let’s dive into it!
1. Wpmet Blog
The Wpmet Blog, with a special focus on the ShopEngine and WooCommerce categories, is a go-to resource for users of eCommerce sites. This blog provides in-depth insights into leveraging ShopEngine WooCommerce builder for creating stunning and functional e-commerce stores.
Next, the top pick for an eCommerce blog is BigCommerce. Its blog is a comprehensive resource for e-commerce businesses. It features articles on e-commerce trends, tips for online store management, and advice for growing your business.
3. Shopify Blog
The Shopify blog is another excellent resource for e-commerce entrepreneurs. It covers a wide range of topics, including marketing, product management, and industry trends.
HubSpot’s blog categories provide insights into e-commerce marketing, sales, customer experience, and sales strategies. It’s a valuable resource for those looking to optimize their online stores.
A Better Lemonade Stand is a blog dedicated to e-commerce entrepreneurs and marketers. It offers practical advice, case studies, and resources for those starting and growing their online businesses.
Wrapping it up…
From buying products to meeting personal interests, people prefer to read blogs. Ecommerce blogs give answers to your niche and make your clients happy. Also, search engines like fresh and updated content. So, uploading regular ecommerce blog posts helps you to establish an ecommerce business as an authority in the industry.
Hope you understand the purposes of why ecommerce websites need a blog. It’s time to start blogging for ecommerce!
Here is GetGenie for you, a top-notch Ai Content Assistant 👌