Listicles are among the most read forms of blog material, as you may have observed. Marketers and bloggers adore them. What about readers, though?
Listicles generate an amazing 80% more traffic than other kinds of headlines, according to an analysis by Semrush.
Not to mention that they’re excellent for generating backlinks and increasing social media shares.
It goes without saying that this is the sort of content that is worth investing in, so we’ll run through how to come up with unique listicle ideas and how to make exciting, high-quality material. But first, let’s address a crucial point: Why are listicles so well-liked?
🧐 What are listicle blog posts?
Listicles are writings published in a list-based format, commonly referred to as “list posts.” A brief list of 10–20 objects centered on a certain subject is the most typical type of listicle. To make them even more useful, recent listicles are frequently improved with additional information surrounding each item.
🤔 Reasons why listicle blog posts work well:
Listicles continues to be a common, yet popular blog post type for the following reasons:
- Listicles are excellent at grabbing readers’ attention: Because they’re simple to read and tend to keep them reading. We must always be curious about what will happen next, according to human psychology.
- They’re a fantastic way to drive traffic: Since listicles can be shared on social media and Google users frequently search for product roundups, they drive traffic.
- They transform: On GrowthBar’s blog, listicles account for 76% of our organic search conversions. That’s because your audience is in a purchasing mood.
📈 Top 6 tips to generate listicle ideas for any niche:
Here is our tried-and-true method for creating listicles that drive traffic and turn readers into paying clients.
1️⃣ Research keywords:
The first and most important step before writing a listicle blog content is to do research. It will help you analyze and identify the keywords that are ranked. Going through the ranked blogs will give you an idea of what you should work on to improve your listicle ideas.
You can do the research manually on Google/other search engines, or you can use AI tools like GetGenie’s Listicle Ideas template.
2️⃣ Create an outline:
You can examine your competitive set and incorporate key components by using outlines. Additionally, you can choose the sequence of events in your blog post:
- What word count, title, meta description, etc., do you want?
- Which goods will you offer?
- Will you provide pricing details or any additional subheadings to make your listicle ideas stand out from the competition?
Creating a proper outline will provide you with a great deal of assistance in creating the best listicle blog post for your site.
3️⃣ Write a compelling introduction:
If you can capture the customer’s interest with a compelling introduction, they’ll probably stay to read the whole of your list. And if you can fulfill the promise made in the introduction, you might have a conversion on your hands.
The best introductions are succinct, skillfully written, and engaging to the reader. Keep in mind to speak in simple, ordinary terms and to utilize short phrases.
4️⃣ Choose a format for your list:
You can also look into what type of listing format you should be choosing from. It is very important to keep your listicle ideas and their team in perfect order.
- Simple list: A simple list of outlines with a small header and one lined answer looks very simple and easy to understand.
- Expanded list post: On the other hand, you can also prepare an expanded list of posts, with a header followed by a descriptive explanation of 3-4 lines.
- ‘Best for’ list: Best-of List Posts are a very powerful type of “Best fishing line.” A “Best of” list post lists the top authors, blogs, quotations, and resources on a particular topic. After that, provide more information about the list items that were mentioned.
- Bullet point list: A listicle blog content is simple to scan and digest, and bullet points can help visitors quickly check the most crucial bits of information. They are therefore ideal for people who have short attention spans.
5️⃣ Get the format right:
If you want to produce listicle ideas that are successful, there are a few formatting “must haves” in your post:
- Catchy title: Be careful to use your goal keyword in the title, and observe what other high-ranking articles are doing.
- Write a superb intro: as we already spoke about that.
- List your objectives: In order for readers and Google to quickly scan the page for content, use a numbered or bulleted structure and make use of headings (h2 and h3).
- Add formatting features: Emphasize the important points by underlining, italic, or bold, it helps readers to understand better.
- Add table of content: Listicles with a table of contents is easier for readers to navigate. Since listicles are typically lengthy items, a table of contents greatly improves their reader friendliness.
- Add images: Lists are popular, and photos are much more popular. Use graphics to break up long passages of text in listicle writing and to draw readers’ attention.
- A helpful conclusion is a must: Don’t ignore the ending. This one is a paragraph later on in the article about the listicle. Just to overview the whole article you prepared.
6️⃣ Include call-to-action:
A call-to-action (CTA) is an excellent technique to encourage readers to act after reading your listicle content. Without a CTA, you’re depending on readers to visit your homepage without taking any action.
Here are some examples of CTAs:
- Send your friends a link to the listicle on social media.
- To receive more articles like this, subscribe to your blog or email subscription.
- To find out more, go to the website or online store.
There are one billion CTAs that are effective! However, it can be a little difficult to find the best one for your target audience.
Remember: Google now operates with mobile-first indexing. Make your article easily scannable.
Don’t worry! 🧞♂️ GetGenie AI for WordPress is here…
With GetGenie your content and SEO assistant for WordPress, you’ll be able to create the fastest listicle items blog for your site, with Proper SERP analysis and SEO research.
Don’t believe me? Watch 👇 it in action:
You can also create separate listicle items for your blog post in seconds. All you have to do is choose a template, enter your data, and set your creativity level and the results limit. and BOOM 💥 you’re all set.
✅ Learn how to use the listicle template here:
So what do you think? Want to enhance your blogging skills in this magical GetGenie world and make your life easier than ever?
I hope this essay helped you to understand listicles better and made them simpler. If done properly, they really do stand as the finest approach to increase traffic, social shares, backlinks, and conversions.
You’re going to waste a lot of time if you do it wrong. You could earn a lot of bucks if it is done well when dealing with Google and a changeable internet audience.
✅ Be sure to –
- Research keywords or trends (for emerging topics)
- Create an engaging introduction for your reader
- Optimum formatting guidelines
- Don’t just replicate what has been done! If you act differently, you’ll win Google and your audience over.
- Form an outline
- Use CTAs to attract leads.
- Additionally, include a thorough conclusion that addresses all of your readers’ queries to make your listicle the most comprehensive on the internet.
Is there anything else we can do for you? Do let us know in the comment section below.